Necessary when for example you are configuring a Redhat Server without a paid for subscription
at lease this gives you access to all the programs on the CD / DVD
Mount your CD Rom. in this example we mount cd rom to to /mnt/cdrom
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
Create the new repo file called cdrom.repo under /etc/repos.d directory.
Add the following details.
cntrl - x to save
1. [cdrom] - Name of the Section.
2. name = Name of the repository
3. baseurl = Location of the package
4. Enabled = Enable repository
5 gpgcheck= Enable secure installation
6. gpgkey= Location of the key
Install the package using the yum command, let’s install the MySQL package using YUM.
yum install mysql-server